It’s almost Mother’s Day and many of us Mommies are craving some “ME” time! Most Moms will indulge in massages, hair appointments, and mani/pedi sessions. I truly love getting a mani/pedi, as it is time for me to relax & be pampered, even if only for a hour or so. I found a little gem of a nail salon by my house that does a no-chip mani & pedicure for only $35! A steal! But the hardest part is picking a color right?
Well, do not fear Yummies are here to run down our favorite nail polish lines owned by black women; many who are Moms themselves. The nail polish industry is a multi-billion dollar market. And with woman always wanting to be fashionable, it does not show any signs of slowing down soon. We have compiled our top 5 lines that you should try.
Pear Nova Nail Lacquer
- Luxury nail polish line based in Chicago
- Custom collections of 5 free nail lacquer
- Vegan friendly, PETA certified, cruelty free
- Inspired by the runway
- Avg $10
Lisa Nail Lacquer
- Created by a former beauty editor for large NYC based magazine
- Collections of 4 free nail lacquer
- 100% Vegan, non-toxic, & cruelty free
- Avg $7
Nasty Nails Nail Polish
- Provocative & sexy nail polish line
- Literally “sex on your nails”
- 5 free nail lacquer, cruelty free
- Kinky names match the bold kinky colors…like “Got a Nut” pictured above
- Signature colors & names
- Avg $8
Bernadette Thompson Nail Collection
- The owner, Bernadette, celebrity manicurist, is known for creating trendsetting nail art for A-list celebrities such as Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, Madonna & more
- Bright & muted shades inspired by the fashion world
- 7 free, cruelty free
- New gel formula, 1 coat, no streaks, & quick drying
- Avg $7.50
- Pioneer of clean luxury, richly hued nail lacquer
- 9 free, Vegan & cruelty free
- Void of artificial fragrances
- Avg $18
Give these brands a try and let us know your favorite!
*4, 5, 7, & 9 Free refers to elimination of some or all 9 of the chemicals used in traditional nail lacquer: Formaldehyde, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP), Toluene, Formaldehyde Resin, Camphor, Ethyl Tosylamide, Xylene, Triphenyl Phosphate, and parabens – all that have been known to contribute to cancer, birth defects, reproductive issues, nausea, light-headedness, headaches and more. Mischo is the only brand states to be free of all 9.